The appearance of a person’s bathroom and kitchen are an essential part of the decor. With the right lighting in your bathroom and kitchen, you can change the way others view your home. This is why bathroom and kitchen lighting are among the top ways to boost a home’s resale value. If you want to highlight your room’s best features while providing optimal functionality, then custom lighting by Northern Electric is just what you need. Our certified electricians can provide you with all the ideas, logistics, creativity, and functionality that you desire.
Create a sense of warmth, reception and refinement by lighting your bathroom and kitchen.
Transform your bathroom and kitchen with stimulating style and practical fashion. Use lighting to your advantage by making small rooms seem bigger and large rooms appear more intimate. Play up a room’s architecture, illuminate small spaces and use dimmers to create the perfect mood. With all these great ways to improve your home, why wait?
Call Northern Electric to schedule an appointment today!
Great Ways to Transform Your Bathroom Space
- Cabinet Lighting: Adding lights under your cabinets helps you to see the items on your counter-tops with clarity and ease. Cabinet lighting is a great way to highlight the colors in your counter-tops and cabinets. Lighting can also be added below your bottom cabinets to illuminate the walkway at night.
- Mirror and Vanity Lighting: Good lighting above your mirrors can give you optimum facial illumination. In addition good vanity lighting can reduce the amount of shadows in your bathroom giving the appearance of a larger room.
- Ceiling Fixture: You have successfully made the room appear bigger as soon as you draw a person’s eyes upward. A ceiling light fixture can be the personal touch that ties the whole room together. It provides extra light, adds the extra element of sophistication, and makes the room appear larger.
- Shower: Whether you are trying to relax before bed, trying to save energy or trying not to disturb your spouse early in the morning, having a light exclusively for the shower can be very useful. Having a light over your shower gives you the option to just turn an individual light on instead of turning on ALL the bright lights in the room.
- Bathtub: Like a shower light, the bathtub light allows you to specifically illuminate an area for ease of use. This is a great place to put a dimmer. Having a dimmer over the bathtub allows you to create the relaxing mood you desire while sinking into that warm bubble bath.
- Canned Lighting: If you do not have high ceilings, but would like over head lighting, canned lighting is a great alternative. You can place these lights in strategic parts of the room for a more intimate ambiance or a more open space.
- Toilet: Focused halogen or flood lights are a great idea over a toilet, especially if the toilet is separated by a wall or door. This is another great place for a dimmer. You can leave the dimmer on all night so that you or your children can find the restroom in the middle of the night. You can also switch the dimmer on at a lower setting so you don’t disturb your sleep pattern any more than you have to.
- Accent Lighting: Accent lighting is a great way to highlight artwork or architecture. Use accent lighting to draw your attention to what you enjoy most about the room.
- Indirect Lighting: Use hidden lights to add a soft and soothing touch to the room. Add indirect lighting to coves or nooks to illuminate your room with artistic elegance.
Preparing the Perfect Kitchen
The kitchen is often times referred to as the heart of the home. It’s where family and friends gather for intimate conversations, cherished meals, holidays, and events. The kitchen is where people spend long hours cooking and entertaining. This is why one of the best ways to boost a home’s resale value is to update the kitchen. So why not turn your kitchen from drab to fab with a lighting renovation from Northern Electric? Call us today to schedule an appointment!
In order to maximize the splendor and functionality of your kitchen you need the right recipe.
Check out the following tips to create the smart and sophisticated kitchen you have always wanted.
- Sink Lighting: Many times the kitchen is connected to another living area and you do not want to disturb those in the other room. Simply turning on the light over the sink is a great way to direct the light only where you need it.
- Cabinet Lighting: Lighting cabinets is a great way to accentuate the architecture of your home. Putting lighting above the cabinets can showcase items displayed above and draw your eye upward creating a sense that the room is larger. Putting lighting below the cabinets can give you more lighting while you are preparing food. Installing both types of lighting will completely transform your kitchen.
- Accent Lighting: Artwork displayed in your kitchen could become a great conversation piece by simply adding accent lighting. Accent lighting is also a great way to highlight and illuminate family portraits that surround your eating area.
- Canned Lighting: This is a great alternative to the hum and glare of florescent bulbs. They are also more subtle and inviting.
- Island Lighting: Lighting the island is important because many people gather around the island to talk, eat, cook, or work. The type of lighting you choose can be decorative or discreet.
- Kitchen Nook Lighting: The life of the party and the result of all your hard work lies on the kitchen table. Display it properly with a chic fixture. Add a dimmer to create the perfect ambiance no matter what the occasion.
- Wall Sconces and Ceiling fixtures: Give your kitchen additional personality by adding wall sconces or ceiling fixtures. Create an atmosphere that defines your taste and style. Transform your kitchen with decorative lighting.
- Pendent Lighting: Make a statement by adding pendent lighting. This is a great way to make a kitchen feel more intimate and homey.
Whatever your lighting needs are, Northern Electric is ready to turn your bathroom or kitchen from ordinary to EXTRAORDINARY.