Do I Need an Electrical Safety Checkup?
- Maintain Safety in Operation
- Insurance Agencies May Require a Risk Assessment Inspection
- Find and Correct Safety Hazards
- Save Energy and Cut Costs
- Peace of Mind
What to Expect from the Electrical Safety Inspection
One of Northern Electric’s qualified electricians will visit your home or business and thoroughly examine your entire electrical system.
A detailed written checklist will be filled out and given to you on site. Our electrical safety checkup includes any areas that need immediate attention, recommendations for improvements and potential upgrade possibilities for your home or business needs. Because Northern Electric is serious about your safety, the electrical safety checkup is a part of every service call at no additional cost to you.
What Does the Electrical Safety Checkup Cover?
- Light Bulb Wattage
- Switch and Wall Outlet Operation and Condition
- Tamper Resistant Outlets [link to glossary]
- Exhaust Fans [link to glossary] are Operating efficiently
- Check For Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCIs) to Prevent Risk of Shock or Electrocution [link to glossary]
- Check Arc Fault Circuit Interrupters (AFCIs)
- Check for Safety and Security Lighting
- Check Grounding Systems [link to glossary]
- Check for Appropriate Surge Protection [link to glossary]
- Portable Heater Safety
- Check Other Heating and Air Conditioning Systems
- Check for Proper Placement and Presence of Smoke Detectors
- Test Smoke Detectors
- Test Carbon Monoxide Detectors if present
- Check the Electrical Panel for Appropriate Labels, Amps, and Operation
- Check Outdoor Electrical Systems
- Inspect and Report ALL Other Potential or Immediate Hazards